Thursday, October 2, 2008

Update, Important Information and a Funny Video

Jane and I were away to Prince Edward Island for 3 days and what a change - 116 members who have made 487 loans totalling $13,375.00.

A special thanks to Dan Bodenstein who is matching me dollar for dollar on the SPCA donations that I am giving. Not only that, but whatever that total becomes, he will also give to the ASPCA. I am very glad to be associated with him and if you have yet to look at the beautiful animal photos he has taken, you will find them at http://www.naturocity.com/.

If you sometimes notice that you get duplicate team messages, it is not the fault of the sender - it appears to be a glich in the Kiva system so please bear that in mind. Also, if anyone has specific questions, please e-mail me separately at moonfish@eastlink.ca. I don’t think this will be a problem anymore, but we did have one member here who was abusing the team (the woof woof message) - so God forbid, if anyone feels abused by anyone, please save your files and contact me and I will review the complaint. That member has been deleted from the team. That’s the only problem I have had and I am really glad that the team has grown as well as it has and that we have made a positive impact to Kiva.

There seems to be around 230 loans available at the moment but fear, as is common place these days, that once these loans are funded - we will be back to scrambling to fund the few loans that will be available. We just need to be patient till all the credit that Kiva released is used up. I anticipate that to be around the beginning of next year.

Here’s the funny video that I found at Kiva Friends:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzRH3iTQPrk
That’s all for now … Thanks.

No comments: